Per request of some residents I’m providing a summary below of what was discussed in terms of leasing at the April Open HOA Meeting earlier this week. Please note this is only my summary and only focuses on the aspects of leasing that were discussed in the meeting, it is not the formal HOA minutes.
LEASING TOPICS DISCUSSED
1. Introduction to Leasing Committee
2. Update on Available Leasing Permits
3. Revisiting the Leasing Motion Passed in March
1 – INTRODUCTION TO LEASING COMMITTEE
* A general summary on the goals and scope of the leasing committee was provided, a review of that can be found in this forum, in the initial announcement, or in the recent Stacks News post.
* Applications to join the committee were opened, owners can apply here: https://forms.gle/zApXQSnjBnc6MCTk6 until midnight tonight, April 26
* Any questions can be sent to email@example.com
2 – UPDATE ON AVAILABLE LEASING PERMITS
* The currently available leasing permits were discussed, specifically the number available.
* Due to insufficient and incomplete record keeping from previous management, what our new management has inherited appears to be inaccurate.
* There are likely less than five available permits as discussed in March, the official number will be announced when the data is 100% validated.
3 – REVISITING THE LEASING MOTION PASSED IN MARCH
* Board member Ed Gibson passed a motion in that included a number of requirements before any available leases can be released.
* The establishment of The Leasing Committee was a strong first step, but to meet those requirements it will take a number of months.
* There was discussion as to whether or not a revision to the motion should be made or a subsequent motion proposed by the HOA Board, but it was decided to hold on any action until The Leasing committee could conduct a community survey and report the results and next months board meeting.
I hope this summary helps for those that weren’t able to attend the meeting, and please feel free to send any questions to the email listed above — Also, remember it’s the last day to apply to join the leasing committee, please submit your application here by midnight tonight!